Cielo Top/Dress - 2 sessions
We recently stitched a lovely rayon Cielo Dress as a shop sample and we thought it would make a great workshop for anyone looking to build on their wardrobe making skills. The Cielo Dress & Top is a contemporary take on a boxy tee and shift dress.
Choose between a semi-cropped top with a cuffed short sleeve (View A) or dramatic gathered long sleeve (View B). Or, make an easy fitting dress with sleek inseam pockets (View C), or without pockets (View D). All views have a slightly dropped shoulder, angled shoulder yoke and roomy fit, with a choice between an elegant bias binding or faced neckline finish.
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students are required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Advanced Beginner (Intermediate for rayon, tencel, silk-blends). You are confident operating a sewing machine, you've successfully made pj pants and perhaps have taken a Shirt or Dress No. 1 class. You will need to sew between classes to finish this project.
- We provide: The studio space, tracing paper, tools, machines, and expertise.
- You bring: Fabric you love and a copy of the pattern.
- Fabric suggestions: Make a fluid, drapey Cielo with soft fabrics like linen, rayon, or gauze. Crisper fabrics like poplin, chambray, flannel and traditional shirtings will create a more structured silhouette which are great options for a boxy tee. Yardage is dependent on your size, please see pattern for details.
- Also bring, coordinating thread, a 1/4 yard of lightweight interfacing.
- Don't forget that we offer 15% off supplies purchased for class.
Sessions run Monday,May 15 & 22 at 5:30PM
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.