gather here Class
A Patchwork Rug for Every Mug
You've probably heard of them through various crafty blogs - mug rugs - wee quilted placemats on which you can place your mug of coffee or tea and a treat. So much more civilized and less wasteful than using a paper napkin! This class is an excellent way for beginners who are curious about patchwork and quilting to try their hand at it by making what is essentially a mini-quilt. With this simple, super-basic project, we will learn all the steps involved in quilt-making at a much smaller and manageable scale.
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 50% enrollment required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Beginner. But you have successfully taken sewing basics or have equivalent sewing experience. You are comfortable threading a machine and stitching in a straight(ish) line.
- We provide: everything you could possibly need - a rainbow of cotton fabric, batting, background fabric and binding, as well as sewing machines!
- You bring: yourself
- If you opt to take this workshop online, you will need to pickup your supplies prior to the class session. You will also need access to a working sewing machine. All instore classes require students and instructors to self-administer a health and wellness check and wear a mask during the workshop.
- Class length: 2 1/2 hours
- You'll receive a workshop invitation link the day of the workshop.
- You'll receive a link to our online health and wellness check. You must be symptom free to enter the store and attend in person.