Crochet Block Blanket - August CAL
A crochet block monthly meetup that will expend your crochet vocabulary and be the foundation of an awesome crochet throw blanket. In each class you'll learn a new block and explore new techniques as well as chat with other people who are passionate about crochet. This FREE with yarn purchase CAL (crochet a long) is for all skill levels so even if you've just taken Crochet Basics, please join us!
The 2023 CAL is based on Joanita Theron's Crochet A Block 2021 Throw which consists of 25 different blocks. You are welcome to explore ALL 25 blocks but we've chosen 12 of the designs to work on over the course of the year in Ewe Ewe Yarns' Wooly Worsted. Don't worry if you are just jumping in - no requirement to come to every meetup!
Limited to 5 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students are required for a session to meet. If a session is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Adventurous Beginner - you have some skill chaining and single/double crocheting.
- We provide: studio space, humor, and expertise.
- You bring: Yourself, a copy of the pattern (we recommend purchasing the pdf), yarn that you love (while the pattern calls for DK, the designer states that you should choose the same yarn and crochet hook for ALL the blocks so putting the afghan together isn't painful!), and corresponding hook. Joanita's sample blocks use 7 colors but if you explore projects you'll see all sorts of variations from single color to a rainbow of colors. You do you!
- Don't forget that we offer 15% off any of your supplies for class.
- Class length: 2 hours per session.
Class meets on the 2nd Wednesday of each month barring scheduling conflicts which occur and we apologize in advance.
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.