Intro to Circular Knitting - the Autumn Hat
gather here Class
So you spent a day in one of our Knitting Basics classes and learned to knit. Now you've been waiting for the "next" step? Well, this is what we recommend if you are anxious to try knitting in the round. We are all big fans of Jane Richmond, a Canadian pattern designer who has an eye for casual elegance. We think this hat will stretch your skills AND be a fabulous wardrobe addition. Plus, you'll surely want to knit it again and again for all your friends/family!
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students are required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Adventurous Beginner/Intermediate. You can cast on, knit, purl and bind off. BUT it's our job to teach you how to knit in the round so don't think you're supposed to know that part!
- We provide: The expertise.
- You bring: Yourself, your needles (size US11 & US13 16" circular needles), stitch markers, a copy of the pattern (available online) and approximately 108 yards of chunky yarn - we recommend Blue Sky Bulky, or a Bulky weight yarn. Please use yarn that will match the pattern gauge.
- If you opt to take this workshop online, you will need to pickup your supplies prior to the class session. All instore classes require students and instructors to self-administer a health and wellness check and wear a mask during the workshop.
- Class length: 2.5 hours
- You'll receive a workshop invitation link the day of the workshop.
- You'll receive a link to our online health and wellness check. You must be symptom free to enter the store and attend in person.