Intro to Circular Knitting - the Autumn Hat
So you spent a day in one of our Knitting Basics classes and learned to knit. Now you've been waiting for the "next" step? Well, this is what we recommend if you are anxious to try knitting in the round. We are all big fans of Jane Richmond, a Canadian pattern designer who has an eye for casual elegance. We think this hat will stretch your skills AND be a fabulous wardrobe addition. Plus, you'll surely want to knit it again and again for all your friends/family!
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students are required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Adventurous Beginner/Intermediate. You can cast on, knit, purl and bind off. BUT it's our job to teach you how to knit in the round so don't think you're supposed to know that part!
- We provide: The expertise.
- You bring: Yourself, your needles (size US11 & US13 16" circular needles), stitch markers, a copy of the pattern (available online) and approximately 108 yards of chunky yarn - we recommend Blue Sky Bulky, or a Bulky weight yarn. Please use yarn that will match the pattern gauge.
- Class length: 2.5 hours
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.