Tailor’s Tool Roll Class
gather here Classes
Looking for the perfect gift for the maker in your life? May we suggest the Merchant and Mills Tailor’s Tool Roll? A versatile tool roll holder with 15 assorted pockets. It can be adapted to be worn around the waist (view 1). Or rolled and tied to be stashed in a bag or tool box. Great in oilskin or waxed canvas but also just as lovely in heavy denim or canvas. This will age to perfection.
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students are required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Adventurous Beginner. You know how to thread a machine, can sew a straight line, and are comfortable cutting fabric. You have successfully made a tote bag and zipper box bag (Sewing II).
- We provide: The studio space, machines, tools, waxed canvas/oil skin know-how, and expertise.
- You bring: Fabric you love! Recommended fabrics are: dry oilskin, oilcloth, heavy-weight non-stretch denim or canvas, coordinating thread, View 1 - The pattern has self waist ties which can be replaced with 25mm x 2m webbing or cotton tape (more if you intend to lengthen). View 2 - Leather/webbing tie - 1.5cm x 28cm. Both views - Optional - The pattern has a self inner support which can be replaced with leather/webbing reinforcing strip - 5cm x 61cm and a copy of the pattern (available as a PDF from M&M). Don't forget we offer PDF printing in the shop.
- Class length: 3 hours
Online participants will:
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.
You can read gather here's class policies (if you're interested)!