Skirt No. 1 - meets twice
Skirt No. 1 is a slightly flared bias cut skirt that hits just below the knee. This extremely wearable garment is simple to sew and you'll become familiar with cutting on the bias. You'll learn how to take your measurements, trace a pattern using tracing paper, how to lengthen/shorten a pattern, thread elastic through a waistband, and topstitch a hem. An introduction to garment sewing that should make you feel empowered when completed!
Limited to 4 students(16 yrs of age or older); 2 students are required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Easy intermediate. You know how to thread a machine, sew a straight line, and wind a bobbin.
- We provide: expertise, guidance, and demonstrations.
- You bring: A copy of the pattern (available here) and fabric you love! You'll need 2 1/2 yards of 44" wide woven fabric, 3/4" elastic, tracing paper, and coordinating thread.
- Class length: 2ish hours each session
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.
Masks are required for all guests inside gather here, regardless of vaccination status.
**Proof that you are up-to-date on COVID vaccination is required for in person class participation.**