Simple Mittens - 2 sessions
There is nothing like a nice pair of warm winter mittens . This quick and cozy knit is just the thing to stretch your skills and keep your hands (or someone you love's hands) toasty.
You can knit your mittens using double pointed needles or using magic loop with a single long circular. This pattern, from Tin Can Knits, is designed for multiple weight yarns and hand sizes. If this is the most advanced project you’ve undertaken we highly recommend that you use worsted or chunky weight yarn. That way you can get to the tricky parts of this pattern with the assistance of the instructor.
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students are required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Adventurous Beginner/Intermediate. You can cast on, knit, purl and bind off! You've conquered the basics of knitting and successfully completed a hat in a circular knitting class. You aren't afraid of double pointed needles or the magic loop technique.
- We provide: the expertise and printouts should you need them.
- You bring: Yourself, download a copy of the pattern to your Ravelry library (we can provide a print copy for class), enough yarn for a pair of mittens - yardage is based on weight of yarn and hand size (if you are worried about how much you will need please ask one of our craft associates for assistance), needles appropriate for your yarn, and a stitch marker. We offer 15% off supplies purchased for any of our classes.
- Class length: 2 1/2 hours each session
Sessions meet Mondays, February 7 & 14 at 6pm.
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.
Masks are required for all guests inside gather here, regardless of vaccination status.
**Proof of vaccination is now required for in person class participation.**