Shibori Dyeing Kit - Seaglass Green
Dive into the world of color and pattern possibilities with the WE GATHER Shibori Dyeing Kit. You’ll learn how to create a variety of designs using the time-honored Japanese Shibori method, combined with step-by-step instructions on how to use our favorite low-impact dyes. No experience is necessary, and this approach to dyeing can pretty easily be adapted for most home kitchens, bathtubs, or backyards. All you have to do is choose your goods* and let your color wheel spin.
With one kit you can dye up to 3-6 square yards of fabric, or 3 T-shirts, or 1 pound of yarn or other goods.
- Low-impact dye powder
- Soda Ash
- Synthrapol textile detergent
- 2 sets of wooden resist shapes
- Wooden clothespin
- One pair of vinyl gloves
- Wooden stirring sticks
- Full step-by-step instructions
What you’ll need:
- *Your chosen goods (cotton, linen, hemp, rayon, bamboo, ramie, or silk)
- A 3-5 gallon bucket or bin
- A smaller bucket or large bowl
- Long-handled stirring stick or spoon
- 2 clean, empty cups or jars for mixing
These Shibori resist-dye methods grow out of a centuries-old Japanese practice, as well as other indigenous and cultural dyeing practices from around the world. We honor the expert craftspeople and communities who have developed these techniques, and encourage you to dive even deeper into this world through resources like the World Shibori Network and Slow Fiber Studios.
More We Gather
More Craft Kits