- Gift Cards
- Sewing Machines
The Quadra Jeans sewing pattern provides a subtly modern take on the classic straight leg jean. This pair of jeans features a slight taper to the leg and extra room in the thigh to allow for lots of movement. They sit below the waist as a moderate low rise. Sew these jeans in denim with no stretch or up to 2% elastane to add just that little bit of additional flexibility that so perfectly suits an active lifestyle.
This jeans pattern features all of the traditional details required when sewing denim - add lots of strengthening topstitching, learn to sew flatfell inseams, construct a zipper fly, and apply rivets to high stress areas. As an added bonus, the waistband is drafted in two pieces with a center back seam hidden under the belt loop. This construction style allows for very easy fit modifications, even once the jeans are fully constructed. This is a perfect solution for the home sewist who might like to sew these as a surprise gift or for the wearer with a fluctuating waistline.
This pattern, as part of the Parkland Casual Collection, is a classic garment that lends itself to creating the perfect casual, hand-made wardrobe for an active lifestyle.
Paper Sewing Pattern Includes:
- A tissue copy of the pattern in sizes 26 to 50
- A 21 page staple bound illustrated instruction booklet (lays flat while sewing!)
- An embroidered Thread Theory garment tag
- A chip board pattern folder with string closure - simple to use and sturdy enough to store your patterns for years to come
Self Fabric: Denim (9-16 oz), twill or corduroy. Fabrics with no stretch or up to 2% elastane (spandex) are suitable. A higher elastane content will change the fit. Ensure that your sewing machine can handle the denim weight you choose by sewing through 5 layers of fabric.
Pocket Lining: Pocketing, broadcloth, or other strong cottons. This is a great opportunity to use novelty printed cottons, as it will only be visible from the inside of the jeans!
Interfacing (for waistband, fly extension, and zipper shield): Medium weight fusible interfacing.
- 1/2" to 1" metal shank jeans button
- 6 pocket rivets
- Regular polyester thread
- Topstitching thread (thicker than regular thread and usually in a contrast color
- Optional 3" x 2.5" scrap of leather or washable paper (kraft-tex) for decorative back label
- A metal tooth zipper sized as follows: 7" (sizes 26-38), 8" (sizes 40-50)
More Thread Theory
More Sewing Patterns