Pepin Tote Pattern
This is a quick tote designed with a few optional add-ons if you’re feeling up to it. Otherwise, it is beautiful and useful in its simplicity as is.
- front pocket (great for adding custom details or featuring a favorite fabric)
- divided interior pocket
- magnetic snap top closure (optional)
- recessed zipper closure (optional)
- snap closure for front pocket (optional) or get creative here! A turn lock is a fun option too!
- so many possibilities!
Skill Level: Beginner
- Exterior Fabric: 1 yd*
- Lining Fabric: 2/3 yd
- Fusible Woven Interfacing (SF101): 2 yds
- (Optional) 3/4" magnetic snap for top closure
- (Optional) 1qty size 24 metal snap for Front Pocket
- (Optional) 1qty 20" zipper for recessed zipper closure
- (2) 28" x 1" wide leather straps OR 2qty 28" x 1" wide cotton webbing for handles
Recommended Fabrics: Canvas or waxed canvas^ (7-10 oz.) for exterior fabric. Quilting cotton for lining fabrics.
^Waxed canvas (8-10 oz.) or dry oilskin may be used for exterior fabric reduce fusible woven interfacing to 1 ¼ yd and do not interface exterior fabric pieces.
*If using non-directional exterior fabric reduce to 2/3 yd.
Additional supplies + tools: Polyester thread, water-soluble pen/tailor’s chalk, cutting mat, gridded ruler, rotary cutter, size 14 or 16 denim or Microtex needle.
More Sewing Patterns