Cottesloe Swimsuit Pattern
Classic one piece swimsuits and mix and match bikini sets. Pattern features athletic elements, four variations and includes detailed instructions to guide the sewer through swimsuit construction techniques.
- View A is a one piece swimsuit with low scoop back, shelf bra and ties at the back.
- View B is a one piece swimsuit with high scoop back.
- View C is a bikini top and a low rise bikini bottom.
- View D is an athletic inspired bikini top and high waisted bikini bottom with wide waistband.
All versions are able to be fully lined.Skill Level: Beginner
This pattern includes women's sizes 0-20Recommended Fabrics:
Swim fabric with at least 50% stretch and good recovery such as Polyamide or Lycra.
To test for stretch percentage, use the ruler on the back of the packaging, or measure a swatch width (normal width, a), then stretch it to its maximum and measure again (stretched width, b). Calculate: b divided by a minus 1. This is your stretch percentage.
- 1/4" (6mm) wide swim elastic (all views)
- 1/2" (13mm) wide swim elastic (View A)
- 1" (25mm) wide swim elastic (View D)
- Swimsuit lining (optional)
- Powermesh (optional for View A shelf bra)
- Foam cups (optional)
More Megan Nielsen patterns **
More Sewing Patterns