Hat not Hate KAL
#HATNOTHATE was launched in 2018 as an anti-bullying campaign founded by Shira Blumenthal. #HatNotHate encourages people to knit, crochet, and weave blue hats to donate. The hats are distributed to schools nationwide, educating students about the message of kindness. gather here is an official drop off location and we are collecting hats until August 1!
Limited to 5 students in-person (17 yrs of age or older).
- Level: Advanced Beginner - Intermediate (you know how to knit, purl, cast on and cast off.)
- We provide: moral support and great company
- You bring: a copy of a pattern (we knit our worsted weight hat using the Roku pattern), yarn (we used Maxima) and needles appropriate for the pattern. Don’t forget that we always offer 15% off class supplies!
- Cost: FREE to attend. We encourage you to make a donation to Public Justice's Anti-Bullying Campaign.
- Class length: 2 hours
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.
Masks are required for all guests inside gather here, regardless of vaccination status.
**Proof that you are up-to-date on COVID vaccination is required for in person class participation.**