gather here classes
French Seam Pillowcases
With straight seams and two nifty techniques, you'll learn Virginia's favorite technique (the burrito), used for shirt yokes and french seams all in one project. Plus get ready to use a rotary cutter. And practice accurate seam allowances.
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 50% enrollment required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Beginner. You know how to thread a machine, sew a straight line and wind a bobbin. Perhaps you’ve made a tote bag and the handles are still attached.
- We provide: pattern, studio space, & plenty of expertise!
- You bring: yourself and for ONE pillow case: 3/4 yard for body, 1/4 yard for cuff, 1/8 yard for trim OR 1 1/3 yard of 3/4 - 1" ribbon. Don't forget that we offer 15% off supplies for all of our classes.
- Class length: 2 1/2 hours
- Instructor: Sara Honeywell