Fremont Tote Pattern
Large-format pattern and fully illustrated instruction!
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
The Fremont is the ultimate cross-body tote for hands-free adventures! With a zipper top closure, interior and exterior pockets, a natural canvas lining, and sturdy leather handles, this bag is ready for anything, just like you. Complete with “I made this!” bragging rights.
- Dimensions: 10.5" high x 11" wide (at bottom) x 5" deep
- Pockets: two exterior and one interior
- Cross body strap
- Water resistant waxed-canvas exterior with natural canvas liner
- High quality reinforced leather handles
- D-ring to attach keys or bling!
- Exterior: mid-heavyweight canvas, waxed canvas, or denim
- Liner: mid-heavyweight canvas, use as a fusible interfacing for lightweight fabrics
- (2) Leather Handles: 14" x 3/4"
- (2) Leather )-Ring Tabs: 6" x 3/4"
- (1) Leather Cross-Body Strap: 45" x 1"
- (1) Leather Zipper Pull: 4 1/2" x 1/4"
- (9) Leather reinforcement washers: 5/8" diameter
- (12) Medium Metal Rivets (10 + 2 extra!)
- (2) O-Rings: 1"
- (2) Chicago Screws: 1/4"
- (1) D-Ring: 3/4 "
- (1) 14" Brass Zipper (non-separating)
- (2) Small Metal Rivets
- (1) Sew-in 'I MADE THIS / KLUM HOUSE' label
For setting Chicago Screws:
- Drive punch (3/16”)
- Flathead screw driver
- Chicago Screw Tool
- Locktite (Low strength)
For punching holes in fabric (choose one below):
- Technique 1: Drive Punch, cutting board, and mallet
- For rivet holes: Size #1 (3/32”)
- For Chicago Screw holes: Size #6 (3/16”)
- Technique 2: Rotary Leather Punch
For setting rivets (choose one below):
- Technique 1: Hammer & hard surface —OR— Rivet Setter, hard surface, and mallet
*suggested hard surfaces are metal anvil, stone, or concrete
- Technique 2: Industrial Hand Press fitted with the correct dies
For bag sewing: Edge-stitch Presser Foot
More Klum House Workshop
More Sewing Patterns