Crochet - Boxet Bag - 2 sessions
Cal Patch designed a great project bag for issue No. 5 of Making. You, too, can create a boxy basket — a BOXET! — project tote that is firm and sturdy and uses up scrap worsted weight yarn. You'll want to full (wash the bag so the yarn creates a felted fabric) this bag when you are done crocheting so don't use superwash or cotton yarn!
Limited to 4 students (16yrs of age or older); 2 students are required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: adventurous beginner. You’ve successfully taken Crochet Basics or the equivalent.
- We provide: instruction, encouragement, and the expertise
- You bring: yourself, a copy of the pattern, appropriate yarn (designed for approximately 935 yards of worsted weight yarn (400 yd (366 m) in main color + 535 yd (489 m) in contrasting colors for a marled effect)- we suggest using scraps for your contrasting colors but if you don't have enough our favorite for fulling is Universal Worsted or Kelbourne Woolens Germantown), removable stitch markers, and a size J crochet hook.
- Class length: 2.5 hours
Meets twice, Wednesday, July 13 and 27 at 6 PM.
You will need to crochet between sessions to create the panels.
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.
Masks are required for all guests inside gather here, regardless of vaccination status.
**Proof of vaccination is now required for in person class participation.**