Collaboration Quilt-a-long - 3 sessions
The Color of Connection Quilt Team released the Collaboration Quilt in February 2022, their second pattern and second quilt along to foster a more colorful connection for the modern quilting industry. We stitched up the three blocks but have yet to complete the quilt. This summer we'd love to work with YOU on the Collaboration Quilt, seeing what colors you choose and sharing tips on cutting and piecing as well as discussing what inspired you to start quilting, what community means to you, and how quilting can foster a diverse community.
We will cut and piece each block created by one of the founders of the Color of Connection Quilt Team: Keyana's half square triangles, Meesh's stacked rectangles, and Porfiria's star over the course of three meetings.
Limited to 5 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students enrollment required for class to meet.
- Level: Adventurous Beginner. You've taken sewing basics.
- We provide: instruction, studio space, machines, and encouragement!
- You bring: Yourself, a copy of the pattern which is available for download from the Color of Connection (100% of the proceeds of your pattern purchase goes directly to the Color of Connection, Inc. and their mission to bring more diversity to the quilting community.) and some fat quarters or 1/2 yards of fabric (if you plan on creating the whole quilt please see the pattern's fabric requirements, it was designed for 9 colors).
- Don't forget that we offer 15% off all materials purchased for our classes. This is a FREE quilt along - we provide space, machines, tools, and instruction.
- Class length: 2 1/2 hours each session.
Meets three times. Sunday, July 10, 17, and 24th at 3 PM.
In person participants must be symptom free to enter the store and attend in person.
Masks are required for all guests inside gather here, regardless of vaccination status.
**Proof that you are up-to-date on COVID vaccination is required for in person class participation.**