Big Bluestem Backpack
The Big Bluestem Backpack is an unlined waxed canvas pattern. Designed to be a simple backpack for quick cutting and sewing, and lots of using.
- Padded shoulder straps
- Padded back panel
- Large top zipper opening
- Zipper flaps covering both zippers
- Large front zipper pocket for accessories
Fits a 15” laptop for school or work
Pattern comes with step-by-step, easy to follow, written instructions and illustrations.
If you haven’t made a bag before, this is a good pattern to get started with.
The waxed canvas gets lovely wrinkle lines with use.
- 1 yard 56” wide or 1 1/2 yard 42” wide 10 oz waxed cotton canvas
- 1/2 yard batting -- sweatshirt fabric, an old blanket, cotton quilting batting, etc. can be used
- 2 yards 1” webbing
- 2 rectangle D rings for 1” webbing
- 2 slide adjusters for 1” webbing
- 30” zipper bag zipper
12” zipper one way zipper
Sewing level: Advanced beginner
More Sarah Kirsten
More Sewing Patterns