Basic Tool Roll
In celebration of the debut collaboration between Arounna Khounnoraj of Bookhou and Japanese fabric manufacturer KOKKA, Arounna designed five free patterns including this tool roll. We are always on the lookout for projects that can help folks expand their sewing skills but can also be accomplished in a single session. This project may seem simple enough but you'll become more confident cutting, piecing, and finishing by the time this is completed.
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students are required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Adventurous Beginner. You know how to thread a machine, can sew a straight line, and are comfortable cutting fabric. You have successfully made a tote bag and zipper box bag (Sewing II).
- We provide: The studio space, machines, tools, and expertise.
- You bring: Fabric you love! Recommended fabrics are: dry oilskin, oilcloth, heavy-weight non-stretch denim or canvas, coordinating thread for topstitching. Because this is your bag and you get to decide what it looks like you can either make it all in one fabric which would take 1 yard of 44" wide fabric with no room for mistakes. Or you could use a mixture of fabrics: 1/2 yard for the body, 1/2 yard for pocket and flap, and a 1/4 yard for the slanted pocket. You will also need a 2 yards of twill tape for the ties. If you use lighter weight fabric you will need 2 yards of medium weight iron on interfacing. Don't forget that we offer 15% off all supplies for any of our workshops.
- Class length: 3 hours
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.