2023 Shetland Wool Week KAL - 2 sessions
Shetland Wool Week is a world renowned celebration of Britain’s most northerly native sheep, the Shetland textile industry and the rural farming community on these islands. This year the festival runs September 23 through October 1 and we thought casting on the 2023 Fair Isle hat would be a lovely way to celebrate. The official 2023 Shetland Wool Week knitting pattern the ‘Buggieflooer Beanie’ has been exclusively designed by Alison Rendall and is merely a £1. (Shetland Wool Week is run by a small charity, the Shetland Amenity Trust, and like so many others are facing challenging and uncertain times. Any support – large or small – is gratefully received and will help them secure the future of an event which is so important to Shetland and its visitors. We ask that you consider making a voluntary donation in support of Shetland Amenity Trust's annual event.)
Alison Rendall's hat is a distinctive design that incorporates traditional elements together with a flower motif. She chose the name Buggiflooer – a Shetland name for Sea Campion – which grows in abundance near her home by the sea.
Limited to 6 students (16 yrs of age or older)
- Level: Advanced Beginner - Intermediate (you know how to knit, purl, cast on and cast off.)
- We provide: moral support, stranded colorwork tips & tricks, and great company
- You bring: This KAL is free if you purchase your yarn in-store. Designed for Shetland Wood, we've bundled the various suggested colorways in Jamieson's of Shetland Spindrift. Download a copy of the pattern directly from Shetland Wool Week! US2 and 3 16” circular needles or size to obtain gauge (we noticed everything from US 0 to 4 in various project notes) and US3 DPN (or use the magic loop method). Don't forget that we offer 15% all supplies for any of our workshops.
- Class length: 2 hours each session
Sessions run on Saturday, September 23 and 30 at 1:30 PM.
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.