Wave of Change Shawl/Blanket - 2 sessions
When we asked Greeley if she had any workshops she would like to teach in 2024 she suggested this shawl by Denise Bayron. In 2021 we taught the pullover version of this pattern and became big fans of Denise's patterns. “The pullover gets its name from the purl ridges that create concentric rings around the body. Like a stone dropped into still waters creates a ripple effect, we too can create a wave of change. I believe every single person has the power to effect change through daily acts of kindness. Envision the cast-on stitches at the center of this project as a stone dropped in still waters. The concentric purl ridges represent love, kindness, and joy amplified! My hope is that you will make this pattern for yourself and for someone you love. Make it as a family heirloom to be passed down for generations to come!” - Denise Bayron
Although this pattern creates a square flat shawl or blanket, it is worked in the round by knitting around the perimeter of the project. Worked from the center out. As we work our way through the pattern may we find comfort in the stitches and see the possibility for change.
Limited to 6 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students are required for class to meet If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: This is definitely an Advanced Beginner/Intermediate project. You know how to knit, purl, cast on and cast off. You feel confident knitting in the round.
- We provide: moral support, expertise, measurement techniques, and great company
- You bring: a copy of the pattern (available online), yarn you love (pattern recommends DK weight for shawl: Greeley suggests Fleck, Skipper, or Arroyo), appropriate needles to get gauge, stitch markers, row counter, and tapestry needle. (If you decide to knit the blanket you will need Bulky weight yarn.) Don't forget that we offer 15% off all supplies purchased for class.
- Class length: 2 1/2 hours each session
All photos by Denise Bayron.
Sessions meet on Thursdays, January 4 and 18, 2024
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.