Scrappy Marl Hat KAL
Hedgehog Fibres most popular free pattern! A simple marled hat is the perfect canvas to use up your fingering scrap yarns or mini skeins. Gather up your colors and pick them out randomly to explore the unexpected combinations that marling creates. The most fun combos will result when using speckled or variegated colourways, but semi-solids will work too. Knitter’s choice!
Limited to 5 students (16 yrs of age or older)
- Level: Adventurous Beginner (you know how to knit, purl, cast on and cast off.) You've taken Knitting Basics and Circular Knitting.
- We provide: moral support, marling tips, and great company
- You bring: 295 - 350 yards of fingering weight yarn held double (for best results bring at least 4 different yarns to mix and match), stitch marker to mark beginning of the row, 4 locking stitch markers to mark crown decreases. Download a copy of the free pattern directly from Hedgehog Fibres. US 4 and 6 or size needed to obtain gauge, 32 or 40" circular needles, and a tapestry needle for weaving in ends. Don't forget we offer 15% off all materials purchased for any of our workshops.
- Class length: 2 1/2 hours
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.