School of Sewing
Teach yourself or someone else to sew! Inspired by the DIY movement but unsure of how to use your sewing machine? Look no further!
Take the guesswork out of sewing and learn professional techniques using the 12 skill-building projects in this book. Each one is giftable and practical, modern and sophisticated. Get tips for everything from machine shopping and fabric buying to setting up your sewing space and learning essential skills and troubleshooting. Projects range from a simple pillowcase and zippered pouch to a customizable tote bag and patchwork quilt, each with beautifully detailed step-by-step photography. Stretch your skills by using the optional intermediate “extra credit” with each project. Best of all, you’ll find relatable advice throughout the book from eight true beginners!
- sewing machine types and how to shop for the machine of your dreams
- fabric selection and color theory
- how to navigate the fabric store, including interfacing, notions and fabric types
- essential sewing supplies to get started with the right gear
- how to troubleshoot problems when they occur
- professional finishing techniques
- numerous sewing skills, including zippers, ruffles, buttonholes, pleats, binding, sewing a curve and quilting
- tips and advice from fellow beginners in a fun, approachable and relatable way
- Author: Shea Henderson
- ISBN13: 978-1-940655-02-4
- Book Trim: 8 x 10
- Format: Paperback with flaps
- Pages: 160