Scandi Quilt Block
Choose one of three patterns by Lindsey of Pen + Paper. Folk Blooms, Sparrows, or Larkspur. These block-based quilt patterns are great for an advanced beginner as well as the more experienced stitcher. You can make this as color-coordinated as you want but Lindsey also provides the fabric requirements should you want to make a scrappy version using that stash of fat quarters.
In the first class we'll cut our fabric and piece a block so you learn the basics of creating the block and can decide how many more you want to make to complete a quilt (or maybe it's just a pillow!).
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students are required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: adventurous beginner/intermediate - you have successfully completed Quilting Basics and Patchwork 2. You know how to thread a machine, can sew a straight(ish) line, and are comfortable using a rotary cutter.
- We provide: the expertise and for in-person attendees use of the studio: thread, tools, and machines.
- You bring: A copy of one of the patterns (available in store or online). You'll also need fabric you love! The pattern is designed to be 65 1/2" x 71" - you will need 3 1/2 yards of background fabric (this includes the bird's eye), 1/2 yard for beak and tail, 1/2 yard of three colors for the body, and a 1/2 for the half square triangles. You need more fabric for binding and backing and obviously, quilt batting.
- Class length: 3 hours
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.
Masks are required for all guests inside gather here, regardless of vaccination status.
**Proof that you are up-to-date on COVID vaccination is required for in person class participation.**