Paper Piecing 101
gather here Class
Looking to try something new in the new year? Have you been meaning to try paper piecing but found it intimidating? We're here to break it down for you and demystify the process with this entry level project that we promise will be easy-peasy and a lot of fun. Designed by the über-creative Carolyn Friedlander, this Envelopes Quilt pattern is just right for learning the basics. This clever, simple design will introduce you to the fundamentals of foundation paper piecing.
When you're ready for the next level/want more of a challenge, join us for Paper Piecing 201.
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Advanced Beginner - you have taken Quilting Basics and Quilting II. You know how to thread a machine, can sew a straight(ish) line, and are comfortable using a rotary cutter.
- We provide: The studio space, tools, and expertise.
- You bring: a copy of the pattern (available instore or purchase the pdf online), 3 fat quarters - one for the inside of the envelope, one for the outside of the envelope, and one for background, thread.
- Class length: 3 hours
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a workshop invitation link the day of the workshop.