Myosotis Dress - 3 sessions
We love a swishy and comfortable dress especially in a cotton lawn or rayon. Deer and Doe's oversized shirtdress is designed with inseam pockets so you can carry your essentials. Version A has sleeve ruffles and a tiered skirt, version B has plain sleeves and a gathered skirt. And obviously you can mix and match!
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students are required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Intermediate. You know how to thread a machine, sew a straight line and wind a bobbin. This is NOT your first garment. The pattern will help you practice many skills, including stand collar construction, bust darts, gathering, buttonholes and buttons, facings, and hand finishing.
- We provide: The studio space, tracing paper, tools and expertise.
- You bring: a copy of the pattern (available in-store or online) - you can also buy the pdf from Deer and Doe but please have it printed and ready to go prior to class, fabric you love (yardage is based on your measurements, refer to pattern), 3 - 1/2" buttons, 3/4 yards of lightweight interfacing, and coordinating thread (there is top stitching so please bring a thread color you LOVE). Suitable fabrics include chambray, rayon twill, batiste, double-gauze, lightweight cotton sateen. Allow extra fabric to match stripes or plaids.
- Class length: 2.5 hours per session for a total of 7.5 hours.
Sessions meet on Wednesday, August 17, 24, and 31 at 5:30.
Get this done for the start of the fall semester (are we the only people that still measure time with semesters?) and receive all the compliments!
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.
Masks are required for all guests inside gather here, regardless of vaccination status.
**Proof of vaccination is now required for in person class participation.**