Moving Forward Wrap - 2 sessions
We have often shared our admiration for Denise Bayron's designs (if you haven't knit the Wave of Change Pullover what are you even doing with yarn???) and were looking for something beautiful to cast on with the newest yarn to join gather here's offerings, Retrosaria's Mondim, a non-superwash fingering weight yarn made from fine Portuguese wool. Mondim is named after a Portuguese village once famous for its sock knitting cottage industry. We came upon Denise's Moving Forward Wrap (published in 2019) - shaped like a large arrow, the lace sections are intentionally linear and mirrored to create balance and symmetry.
As many of you know, we begin planning our workshops months in advance. We have anticipated the US Supreme Court overturning Roe vs. Wade and know that to fight for human rights takes hope and care. We offer this knit along as a form of community care.
Limited to 5 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Confident Beginner/Intermediate. You can cast on, knit, purl and bind off.
- We provide: The space and the expertise.
- You bring: Yourself, a copy of Denise Bayron's pattern (online), approx. 1236-1300 yards of fingering weight yarn (we think this would be lovely in Mondim (arriving in Cambridge the first week of July!) or Manos's Fino), a size 5 32” circular for the coast on and bind off and a size 4 32” circular for the body as well as one locking stitch marker. We offer 15% off supplies purchased for any of our classes.
- Class length: 2.5 hours each session.
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.
Masks are required for all guests inside gather here, regardless of vaccination status.
**Proof that you are up-to-date on COVID vaccination is required for in person class participation.**