Memory Quilt-Saturday Intensive
Have you been collecting textiles and t-shirts you no longer use but can't seem to part with? Learn how to turn your memories into a quilt. Memory quilts are perfect for marking milestones, celebrations and memorials. They make great wedding, birthday, anniversary and baby/parent gifts as well!
In this class, you will learn how to design and construct your own quilt top. Bring up to 25 textiles, clothing, and shirts to make into your quilt. Items can be made from both cotton and synthetic textiles. This one day intensive is to cut and piece the quilt top ONLY.
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students are required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: adventurous beginner/intermediate - you have successfully completed Quilting Basics and Patchwork 2.
- We provide: the expertise, guidance, tools, and machines.
- You bring: up to 25 textiles (clothing, shirts, totebags - you can use wovens, stretch material, synthetic textiles as well as cotton), for a 48" throw you will need approximately 6-8 yards of Pellon 911FF iron-on interfacing. You will eventually need fabric for border, backing, and binding as well as batting to finish the quilt.
- Don't forget that we offer 15% off supplies purchased for class.
- Class length: 6 hours!
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.