Mandelbrot Sweater - 4 sessions
Mandelbrot is a bottom-up seamless sweater knitted in the round, featuring a stranded circular yoke and a slightly raised more comfortable neckline on the back, shaped with short rows. A traditional version with straight sleeves and body is provided, but the construction is also revisited to allow a more feminine fit, featuring waist shaping and fitted sleeves with an underarm gusset. The pattern comes in nine sizes and two designs – pullover and steeked cardigan.
Limited to 6 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students are required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Intermediate - this is NOT your first sweater, you have experience doing colorwork
- We provide: the expertise and help with gauge
- You bring: yourself, a copy of the pattern (available in-store), Aran weight yarn (enough yarn based on your chest measurement, this is NOT the bra band size) and needles appropriate to achieve gauge (you will need 24" and 32" length). 8+ stitch markers, tapestry needle, waste yarn (non-catching)
For the cardigan only: 3.00 mm (US D) crochet hook, 8 buttons ~1.8 cm (0.7 in) in diameter, sewing needle, scissors, matching sewing thread. Don't forget that we offer 15% off supplies purchased for class.
- Class length: 2 1/2 hours
Meets Saturday, October 8, 22, November 5, 19
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.
Masks are required for all guests inside gather here, regardless of vaccination status.
**Proof that you are up-to-date on COVID vaccination is required for in person class participation.**