La Chemisette - 2 sessions
A boxy, retro cut button up short sleeve shirt that will easily become a wardrobe staple. Designed by Atelier Brunette this pattern looks awesome in their fabrics. To capture those 80's summertime vibes use a cotton or linen, for something sassy and fun choose a viscose in a bright bold pattern (only choose this type of fabric if you're and experience stitcher). The forgiving shape of this garment means you won't be stressing about the fit and can instead focus on setting a sleeve and finessing your camp collar.
We *highly* recommend tracing your pattern prior to class meeting.
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students are required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Intermediate. You are confident operating a sewing machine, you've successfully made at least a shirt and some pants. You will need to sew between classes to finish this project.
- We provide: The studio space, tools, machines, and expertise. Virginia is soooo excited about teaching you how to create a flawless double yoke!
- You bring: Fabric you love and a copy of the pattern (available in the store or online).
- Fabric suggestions: lighter weight fabrics will give this garment more drape. Cotton, linen, cotton-linen blend, lawn, rayon, viscose are appropriate. Yardage is dependent on your size, please see pattern for details.
- Also bring, coordinating thread, a 3/4-1 yard of lightweight interfacing. 15mm shirt buttons (4-6 buttons depending on version A-B)
- Don't forget we offer 15% off all materials for any of our classes!
- Class length: 3 hours each session, for a total of 6 hours.
Sessions run on Sunday, August 13 and 20 at 11 AM
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.