gather here classes
Invisible Zipper Pillow
Decorative Throw Pillow
You've taken the tote bag class but still want more practice? Well, this class will cover more basic machine sewing as well as how to put in a zipper and finishing seams with a serger (you don't need to know how operate a serger to take this class - we'll review basic overlock stitches in class). A nice way to gain confidence and challenge yourself in one session. AND this makes a pretty sweet last minute gift for a host/hostess/sister/brother/mother/father/bestie...
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 50% enrollment required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Intermediate. You know how to thread a machine, sew a straight line and wind a bobbin. Perhaps you’ve made a tote bag and the handles are still attached.
- We provide: pattern, studio space (sewing machines & serger) & plenty of expertise!
- You bring: yourself and a 1/2 yard of fabric (may use a fat quarter of 2 different fabrics) and a 22" invisible zipper. You will be making a 16"X16" removable pillow cover - if you don't own a pillow form they are available in the shop. If you own an 18" X 18" that you'd like to cover, please purchase 2/3 yard of fabric and let the instructor know in class!
- we offer 15% off materials purchased for any of our classes.
- Class length: 2 1/2 hours