Intro to Lace - Age of Brass and Steam
gather here Class
A unisex triangular scarf/kerchief knitted in DK weight yarn that is a great beginner shawl pattern. You'll learn all about increasing and decreasing as well as how to "make one".
The shawl is approx. 53 inches in width and 15 inches from center back to center point, when blocked aggressively. A single skein of DK weight yarn will yield a kerchief size.
This pattern could easily be made with fingering to worsted weight yarn. By simply adding more repeats of the stockinette and garter ribbed eyelet sections, you can make a kerchief or shawl as large as you wish. Note that yardage requirements will vary with different yarn weights.
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 50% enrollment required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: adventurous beginner/intermediate - you've successfully completed Knitting Basics and have been knitting ever since. You are comfortable casting on.
- We provide: Plenty of space, a copy of the pattern, and encouragement.
- You bring: yourself and approximately 240 yards of DK weight yarn. Size 8 circulars - 24 or 32" length. Don't forget that we offer 15% off all materials purchased for class.
- Class length: 3 hours
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a workshop invitation link the day of the workshop.