Intro to Doubleknitting - 2 sessions
Let's learn a new technique!
A modern take on traditional quilt designs, these hot pads are doubly-thick, and reversible thanks to the double knitting technique. Double knitting creates a two-layer fabric with knit stitches on both sides. The finished fabric is completely reversible, lending itself to colorwork. We'll learn the invisible double knitting cast on method, refresh our chart reading skills, and create these modern and functional hotpads.
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students are required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Intermediate. You can cast on, knit, purl and bind off! You've taken knitting basics, knitting 2, and have made something.
- We provide: The expertise.
- You bring: Yourself, a copy of the pattern (it's a complimentary shellican aka Shelli Martinez pattern!), your needles (US6 straight needles), a yarn darning needle, and approximately 250-300 yards total of worsted weight yarn. We highly recommend using a 100% wool yarn which is naturally heat and fire resistant!
- Class length: 2 1/2 hours each session
Class meets on Thursday, May 5 and 19 at 6 pm.
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.
Masks are required for all guests inside gather here, regardless of vaccination status.
**Proof of vaccination is now required for in person class participation.**