Intro to Commercial Patterns Clinic
In this sewing clinic lecture series, we’ll discuss essential knowledge for explore garment sewing from a commercial pattern. We’ll talk about how to take our measurements without a buddy and select your size based on the dimensions of the pattern. By paying close attention to body measurements vs. garment finished dimensions you’ll determine what your potential best fit might be. We will also discuss the details of a commercial sewing pattern from reading the yardage and notions requirements as well as layout suggestions. Decipher pattern and construction markings as well as marking tools and various preparation methods for success.
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students are required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: you are ready to work with a commercial sewing pattern!
- We provide: the expertise! This really is a lecture series where Virginia will talk a lot. And you can ask lots of questions.
- You bring: yourself - a pattern you want to make.
- Class length: 1 1/2 hours
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.