Gypsum Skirt - 2 sessions
The Gypsum Skirt is the fraternal twin of the Arenite Pants - same ridiculously comfortable waistband and drapey pockets, for more flounce. Layer it under or over dresses, wear it with a boxy top or cami, and shorten or lengthen the pattern depending on the season. View A has unique, crescent-shaped pockets and instructions for French-seamed pockets and flat-felled seam finishes of the four skirt panels. View B is the perfect introduction to garment sewing (or just a quick sew) with the same shape as View A, but sporting only two panels and inserted, side seam pockets.
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students are required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Adventurous Beginner. You know how to thread a machine, sew a straight line and wind a bobbin. You have successfully made a tote bag, zipper box bag (Sewing II), and pajama pants.
- We provide: The studio space, swedish tracing paper, tools, and expertise.
- You bring: Fabric you love! Recommended fabrics are: light-weight chambray or denim, mid-weight linen, ikat, shot cottons, washed lawn or tencel. Your total yardage is totally dependent on your size and style (above the knee, below the knee, to your ankles), lightweight fusible interfacing for button placket, coordinating thread, and a copy of the pattern (pdf available online with option to print in store). Don't forget that we offer 15% off materials purchased for any of our classes.
- Class length: 2 1/2 hours each session for a total of 5 hours.
Sessions run on Wednesday, 2/21 and 2/28 at 5:30 PM
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.