Ginger Jeans - 3 session weekend
gather here Classes
You’re finally ready to take on jeans or figure out just what you’ve been missing. You want a true weekend of sewing, with other people that are passionate about sewing. You've been dreaming of 15 hours at gather here making something truly awesome.
We will start our "weekend" on Friday, taking measurements, tracing the pattern, and cutting out your jeans. There will be samples to try on and you can grab last minute supplies. Saturday we'll focus on basting and fitting our jeans. Then it's all about modifications and stitching. We'll take a 30+ minute break to grab lunch so we can keep our heads in the game.
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students are required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Intermediate-Advanced. You are way beyond pj pants and are comfortable using a sewing machine. You have plenty of handmade clothing you are proud of. You finished the last garment project you stitched.
- We provide: samples of the jeans in a nice size range, studio space, tracing paper, tools, machines, and expertise.
- You bring: A copy of the pattern, fabric you love (it doesn't have to be denim - a stretch twill works great, too), interfacing, pocket lining fabric, a hardware kit, jean zipper, and coordinating thread for stitching your jeans as well as visible topstitching thread (you do not need ot use "literal" topstitching thread).
- Don’t forget lunch! Or visit one of the great local eateries in Inman Square!
- Class length: 5 hours each day.
Class meets June 17, 18, and 19 from 1 PM to 6 PM.
In person participants must be symptom free to enter the store and attend in person.
Masks are required for all guests inside gather here, regardless of vaccination status.
**Proof that you are up-to-date on COVID vaccination is required for in person class participation.**