Fingerless Field Mitts - 2 Sessions
These fingerless mitts in Buffalo Plaid are a great way to dip your toes in stranded knitting. Field Mitts by Kristen McLaren is a perfect project for adventurous beginners, a quick stash buster, or gift knitting (which we all have on our minds right now). Knit using sportweight yarn these come together quickly - we've decided to do this in two sessions so there's time to work the thumb gusset!
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students are required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Adventurous Beginner/Intermediate. You've taken knitting basics and circular knitting. You are comfortable knitting and purling as well as casting on and off.
- We provide: studio space and expertise.
- You bring: a copy of the free pattern (Field Mitts on Ravelry), appropriate yarn (Greeley suggests Woolfolk Fleck but any sportweight yarn will do - for a hardworking pair of mitts try Kelbourne Woolens Andorra), US 3 and 6 DPNs, 2 stitch markers, 2 stitch holders; we offer 15% off materials purchased for any of our classes.
- Class length: 2 1/2 hours each session
Sessions meet on Monday, October 9 and 16 at 6 PM
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.