Eve Trousers - 3 sessions
You've been asking for fitted pants! Here they are! The Eve Trousers from Merchant and Mills is an intermediate workshop featuring a cropped, with a slightly tapered leg and optional turn ups. Eve fits neatly at the waist and over the hips with a simple side zip and two back pockets. The back waistband has elastic inserted. Choose to make pleats or darts into the waist seam.
We recommend tracing your pattern onto Swedish Tracing Paper prior to class.
If you need someone to take your measurements accurately please ask a craft associate when you come in for your supplies. This may also be the perfect project to create a wearable muslin - we recommend making your wearable muslin out of a similar weight fabric that you intend on using for your final version.
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students are required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Intermediate. This is 100% NOT your first garment. You’ve made other clothes in the past - not necessarily tailored clothes but clothes none the less.
- We provide: the studio space, machines, super cool automatic button hole, tools and expertise.
- You bring: Fabric you love! Recommended fabrics are: these trousers are ideally suited to a mid-heavyweight cotton canvas, corduroy, light-medium weight woolens, twill, and 7 – 12oz denim (we recently made a sample pair in Jetsetter Twill). Your total yardage is dependent on your size and style (want it a little longer or maybe cropped?), 1 yard of lightweight fusible interfacing for the waistband, coordinating thread, 1 button, 1 all purpose zipper, and a copy of the pattern (available online & in the store).
- Class length: 2 1/2 hours each session for a total of 7 1/2 hours.
Class meets Wednesdays, March 9, 16, and 23 at 5:30pm.
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.