Emerald Top/Dress - 2 sessions
Made by Rae's newest pattern is a simple bias cut top/dress that works well in many fabric weights. The first time Rae posted a picture of the dress in some Merchant & Mills Frontier cloth she purchased from us, we were super excited to make our own. That fabric no longer exists but we sewed up the first (of many) sample in M&M Luminaire in a lovely jade windowpane cotton/linen blend. A great transitional piece as summer winds down and we head into autumn.
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students are required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Advanced Beginner/Intermediate. This is NOT your first piece of clothing. Cutting and sewing on the bias takes time and patience and a little forgiveness. If you think this class might be a challenge for your skill level consider making the top! You'll have the skills to tackle the dress next.
- We provide: The expertise, studio space, and machines.
- You bring: a copy of the pattern (please trace your pattern in advance - if you have sizing questions please ask a craft associate for assistance),1 yard of light-weight fusible interfacing, fabric per the pattern (you will need additional yardage for pattern matching), and coordinating thread for topstitching. Don't forget we offer 15% off all materials purchased for one of our classes!
- Class length: 3 hours each session
Sessions run on Sunday, September 17 and 24 at 3 PM.
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.