Craft for Camberville!
Calling All Crafters…
Join us with our partner Whole Foods Market to craft something beautiful for our local friends. We will be sewing toiletry zipper bags, knitting/crocheting bath scrubbies, and collecting travel size toiletries to include in the handcrafted bags!
Can't attend but want to make a bag? You'll find instructions here!
Limited to 16 students (17 yrs of age or older, prior knitting/sewing experience required):
- Level: Advanced Beginner - Intermediate (you know how to knit, purl, cast on and cast off or thread a machine and wind/load a bobbin)
- We (with the help of Whole Foods Market) provide: refreshments, moral support, a pattern for the toiletry bag, patterns for knit/crocheted scrubbies, and great company.
- You bring: This event is free to attend. Sport to worsted weight yarn and needles to achieve gauge for knitting/crocheting scrubbies OR two fat quarters of fabric to create the toiletry bag and a 10" zipper (gather here will provide interfacing and scrap fabrics for handles and tabs). Don't forget we offer 15% off all materials for any of our classes & events.
- Class length: 2 1/2 hours sessions. Meets on 5/10: 6:30-9p or 5/24: 6:30-9p
Toiletries we are collecting (please, these must be NEW travel size donations):
- alcohol-free mouthwash
- body wash/soap
- hand sanitizer
- adhesive bandages aka bandaids
- tissues (pocket-size packages)
- cotton swabs aka q-tips
- small comb/compact brush
- full size toothbrush
- sunblock wipes
- mosquito repellent wipes
- lip balm