Alturas Needle-turn Applique
gather here Classes
Named after a town near Carolyn Friedlander's home in Florida, Alturas features a retro-tile-inspired design that is fun to make in a variety of different fabrics and colors. The design also offers up a great opportunity to explore using a large-scale print as the appliqué that can be cut up and sewn into the project, allowing for both the print and sewn designs to shine.
Additionally, the small block size makes for an addictive and portable project that works well with both yardage and precuts!
project size: 46 1/2″ x 42 1/2″ (+ 2 other sizes)
techniques: basic piecing, needle-turn appliqué (Can use another appliqué technique if desired.)
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students are required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: intermediate - you've successfully taken our entry level quilting workshops and have finished your first quilt.
- We provide: the expertise, machines, and tools.
- You bring: yourself, a copy of the pattern, and fabric per pattern. Don't forget that we offer 15% off supplies purchased for class.
- Class length: 3 hours
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.