Estuary Skirt Pattern
The Estuary Skirt is a beginner-friendly, body-friendly skirt pattern that you'll feel like wearing every day of the week. It comes in sizes 0-30 and features a comfortable elastic back. The button front placket, which can be sewn with buttonholes OR as a faux, buttonhole-free placket, makes this skirt a great project for all levels of sewists. Wear it with plain or graphic knit tees, woven Strata Tops, or warm it up in the winter with a cropped sweater or sweatshirt, leggings and boots. Effortless outfits. And big ol' pockets - instructions for either patch pockets or in-seam pockets are provided. The skirt can also be lengthened or shortened to your heart's content.
Skill level: beginner
Designed for woven fabrics this skirt works well in mid to light-weight linen, tencel twill, cotton ikat, chambray, rayon challis, and other lightweight cottons.
View A&B sizes 0-8
- 45" (115cm) wide fabric: 2 1/2 yards (2.25m)
- 54" (137cm) wide fabric: 2 1/4 yards (2m)
View A&B sizes 10-30
- 45" (115cm) wide fabric: 3 1/4 yards (3m)
- 54" (137cm) wide fabric: 2 1/2 yards (2.25m)
- 5/18" (16cm) buttons OR 3/4" (1.9cm) buttons
- Wonder tape 1/4" (0.6cm) wide, approximately 4 yards (3.7m) (optional)
- 1 1/2" (3.8cm) wide soft elastic, for back waistband. 11" (28cm) to 33.5 (85cm) depending on your size
More Sew Liberated patterns
More Sewing Patterns