Mini Briar T-shirt or Sweater Pattern
The stylish alternative to a basic t-shirt or sweater. Pattern features a loose fit, high scooped front hem and low curved back hem. Includes options for different lengths, neckline finishes, sleeve lengths, patch pockets and elbow patches as well as a selection of applique templates.
- Version 1 is a short sleeved crop top
- Version 2 is a cropped sweater
- Version 3 is a long tee
- Version 4 is a long sweater or long sleeved tee
Skill Level: Beginner
Age Range: 2-12 years old
This pattern will work equally well with jersey fabrics, sweater knits and stable knits. Your fabric should have between 10-20% stretch. Please note that if you use a fabric with more than 40% stretch the fit will be much looser.
To test for stretch percentage, use the ruler on the back of the packaging, or measure a swatch width (normal width, a), then stretch it to its maximum and measure again (stretched width, b). Calculate: b divided by a minus 1. This is your stretch percentage.
- Fabric (stretchy)
- Ribbing for neckline and sleeve cuffs (Version 2 & 4)
- Leather, vinyl or contrast fabric for pocket and/or applique and/or elbow patches (optional)
- Clear elastic, twill tape or stay tape for stabilizing the shoulder seams (optional)
- twin needle for hemming (optional)
More Megan Nielsen patterns
More Kids' Sewing Patterns