Briar Sweater & T-Shirt Pattern
The stylish alternative to a basic t-shirt or sweater. Pattern features a high scooped front hem, low curved back hem, and includes two lengths, two neckline finishes, three sleeve lengths and two patch pockets.
- View A is a short-sleeved crop top.
- View B is a cropped sweater.
- View C is a standard length tee with patch pocket.
- View D is a standard length tee with long sleeves
This pattern includes women's sizes 0-20
Skill Level: Beginner
This pattern will work equally well with jersey fabrics, sweater knits and stable knits. Your fabric should have at least 20% stretch. Please note that if you use a fabric with more than 40% stretch the fit will be slightly looser.
To test for stretch percentage, use the ruler on the back of the packaging, or measure a swatch width (normal width, a), then stretch it to its maximum and measure again (stretched width, b). Calculate: b divided by a minus 1. This is your stretch percentage.
- Stretch knit fabric
- Clear elastic, twill tape or stay tape for stabilizing the shoulder seams (optional)
- Twin needle for hemming (optional)
- Contrast fabric or leather for pockets (optional)
More Megan Nielsen patterns
More Sewing Patterns