Additional Longarm Quilting Services
The quilt should be received in a condition that is 100% ready for quilting. Additional charges will be applied if additional work is needed. Learn how to prepare your quilt for longarm quilting to avoid any additional charges.
Additional Services & Charges
- Square backing fabric $10
- Iron backing fabric* $10
- Square and iron backing fabric* $20
- Iron quilt top* $10
- Piece backing $10 per seam
- Extend backing $10 per seam
- Adding interfacing to t-shirt quilts $10 & up (plus the cost of interfacing)
- Quilt repair (examples below) $20 per hour (minimum charge $10)
- Mend seams
- Correcting wavy border
- Clipping threads
- Make the binding*** - we will cut & sew enough binding strips for the quilt from fabric provided ($0.10 per inch)
- Machine binding - we will machine sew your binding to the front of your quilt ($0.10 per inch)
- Machine binding & machine finished - we machine sew your binding to the front and machine stitch it to the back ($0.20 per inch)
- Machine binding & hand finished - we machine sew your binding to the front and hand stitch it to the back ($0.30 per inch)
- Rush orders 25% surcharge
* We understand that you shipped or carried your quilt top and backing to us in a box or a bag. We won't charge you to press out some folds. But the fabric shouldn't be wrinkled or balled up when we receive it.
** To calculate the amount of binding needed: take the linear length of the quilt (the length of all four sides added together) + 12” (for joining start/finish tails)
***To calculate the amount of fabric needed to make the binding: take the linear length of the quilt (the length of all four sides added together) + 12” (for joining start/finish tails) ÷ 42” (fabric width) x 2.5” (width of binding strips) = inches of fabric yardage required.