14oz Selvedge Denim
A classic indigo selvedge denim made in India with a white and red stripe selvedge.
This selvedge denim would be suitable for patterns like the Merchant & Mills Heroine Jeans, Clementine, Whittaker, or the Ottoline and Foreman jackets.
Selvedge denim can be identified easily by the white and red stripe. The jeans will be more durable and long lasting thanks to being self-edged and generally, due to the unique stitching, are more distinctive from other jeans. Selvedge denim jeans will keep their shape no matter how many times you wash them. This cloth is likely to soften and lighten in color over time with continual washing.
- 100% Cotton
- 475gsm or 14 oz/yd²
- Country of origin - India
- Approximate fabric width: 31" [80cm] wide
- Wash your denim on its own for the first wash.
- Sink your denim in water before hand, letting it fully absorb, so you are putting in the denim already wet.
- If you can break up your denim fabric into half this will help.
- For the first wash use a delicate 30 degree cycle with a low spin.
- If any white creases develop ironing whilst still damp will help.
- Do not tumble dry.
When you have made the garment we would recommend washing it inside out.
This is a deadstock fabric. Deadstock fabric is excess fabric from fashion designers, movie sets, and fabric mills that is no longer needed for the job it was originally intended for. It is not reorderable, so when it’s gone, it’s really gone!
More Merchant & Mills : Fabrics-Patterns -Notions - Scissors + Snips
More Chambrays + Denims - more Cotton Fabrics - more New Fabrics