gather here Class
This is the TENTH year of the #MeMadeMay challenge! In 2017 we started sharing community members' handmade wardrobe on our Instagram feed for the entire month of May. We quickly realized that while celebrating our handmade wardrobe on the internet is cool, it would be even cooler if we came together and got to share our makes with one another. So in the spirit of #YouMadeMay we are throwing a little reception for all you makers of your own clothes! Yes, knitting and crocheting sweaters/shawls/halter-tops totally counts. (Honestly, who started the rumor that this was a sewing challenge? Shame on you!) This celebration gives us the opportunity to strut our stuff in our favorite makes. And meet one another IRL (in real life). And we can chat about what #MeMadeMay has meant to you over the last month/year/years. How has your relationship with your handmade wardrobe evolved? What have you been inspired to make?
Because we want maximum participation we are having a little contest, too. Come to the party, take a selfie with another #MeMadeMay champion, share it on Instagram with the hashtag #YouMadeMayatGH and you'll be entered to win a $100 gift card to gather here.
We're asking for a $5 donation to benefit the gather here and Cambridge Modern Quilt Guild Scholarship fund for young makers. If you've already made a donation please select class credit and put a note in your order.
Limited to 30 guests (15 yrs of age or older)
- Level: All skills - wear those pajama pants!
- We provide: refreshments. Examples of our favorite makes.
- You bring: YOURSELF! And your fabulous #MeMadeMay outfit on your fabulous self. Attendees will receive 20% of their purchases during the reception.
- Event length: 2 hours
- You'll receive a workshop invitation link the day of the workshop.
- You'll receive a link to our online health and wellness check. You must be symptom free to enter the store and attend in person.