Wave of Change Pullover - meets 4 times
2020 was challenging for so many reasons. When we asked Greeley if she had any workshops she would like to teach in 2021 she suggested this pullover by Denise Bayron. “The pullover gets its name from the purl ridges that create concentric rings around the body. Like a stone dropped into still waters creates a ripple effect, we too can create a wave of change. I believe every single person has the power to effect change through daily acts of kindness.” - Denise Bayron
A raglan-style sweater knit from the top down utilizing German short rows for back neckline shaping. Make it cropped or knit it to your desired length - it’s up to you. Knit in bulky weight yarn, this should knit up quickly making it an ideal first sweater project. As we work our way through the pattern may we find comfort in the stitches and see the possibility for change.
Limited to 6 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students are required for class to meet If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: This is definitely an Advanced Beginner/Intermediate project. You know how to knit, purl, cast on and cast off. You feel confident knitting in the round.
- We provide: moral support, expertise, measurement techniques, and great company
- You bring: a copy of the pattern (available online), yarn you love (pattern recommends Woolfolk Luft) appropriate needles to get gauge, and stitch markers. We highly recommend knitting your gauge swatch before class.
- Class length: 2 hours each session for 4 sessions.
All photos by Denise Bayron.
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.
Masks are required for all guests inside gather here, regardless of vaccination status.
**Proof of vaccination is now required for in person class participation.**