Trapeze Dress - two session
gather here Classes
The Trapeze Dress/Shirt from Merchant and Mills is a great next-step workshop if you’ve taken any 100 Acts of Sewing workshops. (Virginia used the sleeved version for her 2019 Candy Corn dress costume.) This is M&M’s classic signature dress suitable for all seasons in a range of fabrics. One of their most popular patterns - you can create 3 variations: 3/4 sleeves, sleeveless and short sleeved, all with a button back opening.
If you’ve been curious about working in garment weight fabrics or anxious about cutting into M&M linens - this guided workshop is for YOU.
We recommend tracing your pattern onto Swedish Tracing Paper prior to class. If you need someone to take your measurements accurately please ask a craft associate when you come in for your supplies. This may also be the perfect project to create a wearable muslin!
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students are required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: Advanced Beginner. This is NOT your first garment. You’ve made other clothes in the past - not necessarily with closures or sleeves but clothes none the less.
- We provide: the studio space, machines, super cool automatic button hole, tools and expertise.
- You bring: Fabric you love! Recommended fabrics are: tencel twill, chambray, lightweight denims, poplin, lightweight wool, linen, and woolsey. Your total yardage is totally dependent on your size and style (short sleeve, 3/4 length sleeves), 1/4-1/2 yard of lightweight fusible interfacing for the facing, coordinating thread, 6-10 buttons, and a copy of the pattern (available in the store).
- Class length: 3 hours each session for a total of 6 hours.
Class meets Thursdays, December 9 and 16 at 5:30pm.
- Need to pickup supplies prior to the class session.
- Receive a Zoom invitation link the morning of the workshop.