Totality Quilt - meets twice
gather here Class
You've probably heard our quilting instructor, Maritza, repeat the design adage, "Tone does all the work while color gets all the credit." Here is a pattern that explores this idea fully - totally! This dynamic quilt will have you sewing HSTs (half square triangles) in your sleep!
In the words of the designer - "It’s a total eclipse (from) the heart. Here’s an energetic, modern quilt design that will transform any space...even ones right here on Earth. Its rotational symmetry and just-perfect color placement combine to create a dynamo design—and, luckily, one that’s far from difficult to construct so you can focus on the most important aspect of quilting – having fun!"
Limited to 4 students (16 yrs of age or older); 2 students are required for class to meet. If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will receive a full refund.
- Level: you are an advanced beginner/intermediate - you've successfully taken quilting basics or equivalent.
- We provide: the expertise! Tools and hand sewing needles.
- You bring: yourself, a copy of the pattern (available in the store), and please see the pattern for fabric requirements. The quilt can be made in five sizes - mini (15"x15"), baby (37"x37"), throw(60"x60"), super throw (75"x75"), and queen (97"x97"). A gather here team member will be happy to help you pick up the correct yardage to make the size of your choice. This workshop is for the quilt top!
- Don't forget that we offer 15% all supplies for any of our classes.
- Class length: 3 hours each session
For Online participants:
- You'll receive a workshop invitation link the day of the workshop.
- You'll receive a link to our online health and wellness check. You must be symptom free to enter the store and attend in person.